Saturday, March 8, 2014

Hola from Bolivia!

A free trip to another country is exciting for anyone! This is a little post from someone who has, one: never been outside the US, and two: never been on a plane before! Through the group meetings we've had for the past few months, I am confident that the new culture aspect of this trip will be met with an open mind and a whole heck of a lot of enthusiasm! However, the plane part was the part I was most nervous about. It probably didn't help that in the past month, I caught myself watching both the pilot of the show 'Lost', and the movie 'Snakes on a Plane'. Nonetheless, with 10 other amazing people in my group, my nerves were kept at ease, and survived the first flight to Miami! Turbulence was a little rough, but now after two more take offs and landings, we are all so ready for this Bolivia experience. So for those of you who might have weighed the idea on whether or not to apply to GCP because you're nervous having it be your first plane ride experience, let me tell you that not only is riding a plane exhilerating, but also that this is an opportunity you never want to pass up!

-Gracie Eisenhauer

No comments: